Worker’s Compensation

Workman’s compensation is the monetary compensation offered to the injured employee or to the dependents in case of death, from the employer. Injuries at the workplace are common and the severity of injuries may range from minor injuries to death.

An individual will be eligible to claim workman’s compensation if the individual suffers injuries during employment and if the injuries are caused by the nature of work. However if the injury occurred is because of negligence of an individual to obey safety rules or if an individual was under the influence of alcohol or any drugs, then the employer will not be liable to pay the compensation.

In the United States, the Workmen’s Compensation Act has been in practice for several decades and this act defines the guidelines for eligibility, liability, compensation details and all the necessary information to safeguard the employee as well as employer.

Your doctor plays an important role in treating work related injuries also in the recovery of an individual from occupational injuries.

Capital Area Orthopedic Associates will help our patients by:

  • Providing treatment to the work-related injuries
  • Providing reports necessary for claims
  • Assisting in the recovery from injuries and helping restore normal activities
  • Analyzing and suggesting to the case managers medical opinions regarding the severity of injuries and the impact of the injury on the individual’s personal life as well as occupation
  • Working with attorneys or case managers for claims and also providing additional support services to take care of your needs

Our patients will help us by:

  • Filing a claim with his/her employer
  • Ensuring the employer submits the claim to his/her carrier
  • Obtaining claim number from insurance carrier, if approved
  • Providing CAOA with the following information prior to your appointment:
    • Name and address of the insurance carrier
    • Claim number
    • Name of the case worker
    • Phone & fax for case worker
    • Date of injury
  • Getting your initial visit authorized by the case worker